I write creative non-fiction about nature, the environment, sense of place, and parenting. I also write book reviews from time to time.
I started journaling at nine. At sixteen, I was selected to be a Young Writer in Residence at Manchester’s Contact Theatre and had my short play “The Dove in the Magnolia” performed by a cast of professional actors, including an early role for Fisayo Akinade (fun fact!).
In 2012, I earned an MA in Writing, Nature and Place from the University of Exeter, and in 2021 I was accepted onto the highly selective Orion Magazine Environmental Writers’ Workshop. Some of my fellow workshop participants and I formed a writing group called Ursa Minor Writing Group that meets once a month to share and provide feedback on our writing.
I am currently working on my first memoir, Tethered, which explores home, belonging, mental health, and motherhood.
Select creative non-fiction
- Smash it ’til you break in MUTHA Magazine (2022)
- Funny weather in FieldFair (print only; 2022)
- Postcards and boxes in Sea & Cedar Magazine (2021)
- I came late to a love of birds in Zoomorphic Magazine (2019)
- Shopping centres, caves and the fate of us all in The Learned Pig (2018)
Book reviews and author interviews
- A Review of The Best Most Awful Job: Twenty Writers Talk Honestly About Motherhood in Literary Mama (2021)
- Q&A with Tamara Goranson for Victoria Festival of Authors (2021)
- A Review of My Wild and Sleepless Nights: A Mother’s Story in Literary Mama (2020)
- Q&A with jaye simpson for Victoria Festival of Authors (2020)