Below is a summary of my work, professional development, education, volunteering, and awards. For my full resume, visit my LinkedIn page. To find out a bit more about me as a human, see my about me page.
Current work experience
Naomi Racz, Writer & Editor Copywriter, Editor & Publications Co-ordinator
- Running a business offering non-profits and mission driven businesses (with a focus on environmental organisations) copywriting, editing, and publications co-ordination services.
- A current client is the Diocese of Islands and Inlets (BC). I act as editor of Faith Tides, a monthly digital newspaper, soliciting and editing contributions, uploading content to the website, sending out the newsletter, and writing articles as needed.
Stonecrop Review Editor
- Co-founder of literary magazine Stonecrop Review, which publishes art, photography, and creative writing that explored nature in the city.
- Reviewing and selecting submissions and providing contributors with editorial feedback, as well as proofreading the final layout.
- Other tasks include: updating the website, promoting open submissions periods and new issues, and publishing the newsletter.
Previous work experience and internships
- Anglican Diocese of Toronto Interim Editor – The Anglican (2022)
- Hachette Book Group Canada Publicity Intern (2019)
- Toronto Environmental Alliance Event & Admin Support (2018-2019)
- New Zealand Bicycle Touring Traveller (2018)
- Wetlands International Communications Officer (2015-2018)
- Eurosite Communications Officer (2014-2016)
- University of Nottingham Social Media Officer (2012-2013)
- Comma Press Editorial Intern (2012)
- Smith Goodfellow PR Copywriter (2012)
- Simon Fraser University Continuing Studies
- Plain Language Principles (2022)
- Toronto Metropolitan University Chang School of Continuing Education
- Introduction to Trade Publishing (2019)
- Practical Grammar and Punctuation (2020)
- Copy and Stylistic Editing I (2020)
- Copy and Stylistic Editing II (2021)
- Substantive and Stylistic Editing (2022)
- University of Exeter MA in Writing, Nature and Place (2010-2012)
- University of St Andrews BA in Philosophy (2006-2010)
Courses, workshops, and professional development
- Editors Canada John Eerkes-Medrano Mentorship Program Mentee (2022)
- Orion Magazine Environmental Writers’ Workshop with Jessica J. Lee (2021)
- Blackford Centre Diploma in Copywriting (2018-2019)
- Victoria Festival of Authors Volunteer Interviewer (2020-2021)
- Magazines Canada Conference Volunteer (2019)
- Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust Volunteer Writer (2012)
- Toronto Metropolitan University Robert Weaver Award for Editorial Excellence (2021)
- Toronto Metropolitan University Rosemary Shipton Award for Excellence in Editing (2020 nominee)
- Editors Canada Claudette Upton Scholarship (2020)
- Toronto Metropolitan University Charles Oberdorf Memorial Award (2019)
- Ursa Minor Writing Group Member
- Anglican Editors Association Member
- Victoria Festival of Authors Member
- Editors Canada Student Affiliate
- PLAIN (Plain Language Association International) Student Member