Below is a summary of my work, professional development, education, volunteering and awards. For my full CV, visit my LinkedIn page.
Current work experience
Self-employed Writer and Editor
- Edit short fiction and creative non-fiction, with a focus on environmental writing.
- Editor of the Diocesan Post, the newsletter of the diocese of Islands and Inlets (BC).
- Co-founder and editor of Stonecrop Review, a literary magazine with a focus on urban nature.
- Writing has appeared in Zoomorphic Magazine, The Learned Pig and Literary Mama.
Home Stay-at-home Parent (2019-Present)
- Raising a rambunctious toddler while studying, volunteering, and completing freelance work.
Previous work experience & internships
- Hachette Book Group Canada Publicity Intern (2019)
- New Zealand Bicycle Touring Traveller (2018)
- Wetlands International Communications Officer (2015-2018)
- Eurosite Communications Officer (2014-2016)
- University of Nottingham Social Media Officer (2012-2013)
- Comma Press Editorial Intern (2012)
- Smith Goodfellow PR Copywriter (2012)
- University of Exeter MA in Writing, Nature and Place (2010-2012)
- University of St Andrews BA in Philosophy (2006-2010)
- Orion Magazine Environmental Writers’ Workshop (2021)
- X University Certificate in Publishing (2019-2024)
- Introduction to Trade Publishing
- Grammar and Punctuation
- Stylistic editing
- Blackford Centre Diploma in Copywriting (2018-2019)
- Editors Canada (BC Branch) Volunteer Coordinator (Current)
- Victoria Festival of Authors Volunteer Interviewer (2020-2021)
- Magazines Canada Conference Volunteer (2019)
- X University Rosemary Shipton Award for Excellence in Editing (2020 nominee)
- Editors Canada Claudette Upton Scholarship (2020)
- X University Charles Oberdorf Memorial Award (2019)
- Victoria Festival of Authors Member
- Editors Canada Student Affiliate