I’m originally from Manchester, UK. I studied in Scotland and Cornwall before living in Nottingham for a year, Amsterdam for four years, and Toronto for two years. I now live in Victoria, BC, with my husband, dog, and baby. I hope to never move again.
Besides reading, writing, and editing, I like to spend my time climbing, cycling, taking long walks through the city, exploring Vancouver Island, and cooking good food. Mostly I like to drink tea (strong and milky).
- I’m currently writing a history of urban nature writing
- I’m the editor of Stonecrop Review, an online magazine of urban nature writing, art, and photography
- Ryerson University, Publishing Certificate (2019-)
- Publishing Overview: Trade
- Practical Grammar and Punctuation
- Copy and Stylistic Editing I
- Blackford Centre, Diploma in Copywriting (2017-2018)
- University of Exeter, MA in Writing, Nature and Place (2010-2012)
- University of St Andrews, BA in Philosophy (2006-2010)
- Claudette Upton Scholarship, Editors Canada, 2020
- Charles Oberdorf Memorial Award, Ryerson University, 2019
- Young Writer in Residence, Contact Theatre, 2006